Friday, December 17, 2010

Gita Jayanti

|| Shri Paramatmane Namah ||

HAPPY GITA JAYANTI TO ALL

Since long I had been thinking that I would start posting here, but perhaps Krishna was waiting for this auspicious day. No wonder, there can be no better day than Gita Jayanti itself to start the posts for "Gita for beginners".

Its Ekadashi today, if possible, keep a fast. Even if you are unable to keep a fast, atleast you can eat in moderation, with the feeling of fast and self-control. The Inner Feeling matters the most in one's spiritual progress.

People read or recite the entire 18 chapters of Gitaji on this day. Some even sing the arati for Gita mata. Yes! she is called Gita mata, or Mother Gita. Quoting Swami Chinmayananda: "Bhagavad Gita is addressed and approached as a Mother-The Gita Mother, the Divine Womb that gave birth to the Universal Religion, is the one to whom the children of any age can always confidently turn, expecting but total forgiveness and complete love, even after they have committed a million outrageous acts."

The beauty of Spirituality is that the most Important things are the simplest ones to perform. So even if you are unable to do any of the above mentioned things, most importantly, just take refuge of Gitaji on this day. In your mind, say with a true heart -

"Oh Mother Gita! I take refuge in you. Protect me, guide me, teach me, give me knowledge and devotion to God, and make me yours. I am incapable of doing anything, so I take your refuge out of helplessness, do what is best for me."

Once again, HAPPY GITA JAYANTI!

With love,
Ram Ram

No comments:

Post a Comment